Membership Form Sponsorship Brochure
President ~Brent Stewart (604) 306-7367 Email
Past President ~ Penelope Broad
Vice-President ~ Lois Clough
Secretary/Treasurer ~ Cheri Smeeton 728 Belmonte Terrace, Kamloops, B.C. V2H 0C6 Email
Show Secretary ~ Barb Stuart
BCCHA Directors ~ Deborah Anderson, Jeannie Calver, Robin Dubord, Kathi Fisher, Cathie Moffat, Larissa Price, Travis Rempel, Amanda Vanderkhove
CCHA Directors ~ Amanda Fill, Binky Moffat, Sandy Price & Doug Wiens
- We aim to be the best at what we are in British Columbia, a friendly, supportive organization dedicated to introducing and promoting the intelligence, training, breeding and athleticism of the the Cutting Horse.
- We aim to provide professionally run events, balanced between camaraderie and competitiveness.
- We aim to encourage skill development in cutting, and have training professionals that are members of our association.
- We aim to inspire an atmosphere where individuals can compete, have fun, develop relationships and encourage each other to new successes.
• to visit the National Cutting Horse Association
• to visit Canadian Cutting Horse Association
What is Cutting?
“Cutting is a judged event where a horse and rider must demonstrate their skill by separating a single cow from a herd and keep it from returning. For a timed 2.5 minutes the team of rider and horse must demonstrate the natural ability of a cow horse to track and read that cow to prevent it from returning to the herd. Cutting has turned into a competitive sport that originated from ranching.”